The Humanistic Sciences Library
AAddress : Str. Gh. Asachi, nr. 12, Iaşi
Telephone : 0232/201663
Contact person : Luminiţa Luca - head of library
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The access in this library is based on the CUL Entrance Card valid in the headquarters and in all the branch libraries.
The library has two reading rooms, with 80 seats and a reference room as well.
The total fund (2019): 142.631 bliographic units (books and periodicals)
Number of entries in the database (2019): 116.290 entries
The Letters library has some important collections of documents (books and periodicals) (in Romanian, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Latin, Greek, etc.) in the following fields:
- Romanian and universal literature
- Literary critics, history and theory
- General and some other types of linguistics
- The history of culture and civilization
Documents available to the readers:
- Reference documents: general and specialized dictionaries, general and specialized encyclopaedias (ALPHA, BRITANNICA), linguistic atlases, bibliographies
- Specialised periodicals: Analele Ştiinţifice ale Universităţii "Al.I.Cuza" - secţiunile Lingvistică si Literatură, Limba şi literatura, Limba şi literatura româna, România literară , Convorbiri literare , Romanic Review, Revue de linguistique romane, Magazine littéraire, Lettres internationals, etc.
The books and periodicals collections are increased by purchase (in this direction, the readers are encouraged to offer suggestions) and donations.
The PhD. thesis of the Letters department may be accessed, at request, in the reading room.
The library offers to its readers the following catalogues:
- The online catalogue – the bibliographic descriptions of the publications in the Letters Library are included in the CUL online catalogue
- The national online catalogue - RoLiNeST (Romanian Library Network Science & Technology) including the databases of the most important Romanian university libraries.
- The consultation of the collection's documents in the reading room;
- The home lending;
- The free access to the online databases on the library's subscription - ProQuest, SpringerLink, Ebsco, etc.;
- Specialized bibliographic information;
- The initiation of the readers in the documenting process