The Law Library
Address : Boulevard Carol I, nr. 11, A building 2nd floor "Al. I. Cuza" University Iasi
Telephone : 0232/201159
Contact person : Roxana Sinca – head of library
E-mail : bib_drept@yahoo. com
|Monday – Friday|
|Loan at home:||9.00 - 19.30|
|Access at the reading rooms:||8.30 - 20.00|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
The access in this library is based on the CUL Entrance Card valid in the headquarters and in all the branch libraries.
The library has two reading rooms, one for students (with open shelves) with 80 seats and another one for university teachers (20 seats).
The total fund (2019): 44.983 bibliographic units (books and periodicals)
Number of entries in the database (2019): 25.519 entries
The Law library has some important collections of documents (books and periodicals) in the following fields:
- The history of law
- The philosophy of law
- The general law theory
- Constitutional law
- Administrative law
- Financial and fiscal law
- International public and private law
- Civil/ procedural law
- Penal/procedural law
- Family law
- Intellectual property law
- Labour and social security law
- Commercial law
- Environment law
- Transportations law
- The EC/compared law
- The juridical protection of the human rights
- Biographies of the cultural and scientific personalities
Documents available to the readers:
- Reference documents: general and specialized dictionaries, general and specialized encyclopaedias, documents collections, bibliographies, atlases, language dictionaries, etc.
- Specialised periodicals: Dreptul, Revista de drept comercial , Revista de drept penal , Monitorul Oficial , Legislaţia României, Curierul Legislativ , Revue internationale de droit compare etc.
The collections of the Law Library are in a continuous growth and comprise some fundamental works, documents collections, treatises, university courses, manuals, reference materials.
The books and periodicals collections are increased by donations and the national and international interlibrary exchange (we offer Analele Ştiinţifice ale Universităţii "Al.I. Cuza" - secţiunea Drept).
The library offers to its readers the following catalogues:
- The online catalogue – the bibliographic descriptions of the publications in the Law Library are included in the CUL online catalogue
- The national online catalogue - RoLiNeST (Romanian Library Network Science & Technology) including the databases of the most important Romanian university libraries.
- The consultation of the collection's documents in the reading room;
- The home lending;
- The free access to the online databases on the library’s subscription - ProQuest, SpringerLink, Ebsco, etc.;
- Specialized bibliographic information;
- The initiation of the readers in the documenting process
- Scientific activities.